Exploring our Coral Reefs - LEGO WeDo and Animal Set
**UPDATE** LEGO no longer produces the Animal set that this book was written for. The programming section is still very relevant, but unless you already have the Animal set along with your WeDo kit, you may struggle to build the models. As such Fay and Damien have released the book as a free download. Enjoy!!
This book utilizes both the LEGO WeDo and LEGO Animal sets to build a series of fun, interactive and engaging creations. Included are a variety of activities such as research assignments and creative writing opportunities based around the theme "Exploring Our Coral Reefs".
Student worksheets and full color building instructions are included to save time and help the teacher get their class up and running as quickly as possible.
Free PDF Download - Exploring Our Coral Reefs (10Mb)
Table of Contents
- LEGO 4 C’s Approach
- Classroom management
- Connect: Setting the Scene
- Research Assignment
- Create: Build it!
- Creative Writing Assignment
- Contemplate: What have we learned?
- Continue: What Next?
- Student Worksheet
- Building Instructions – Scuba Diver
- Building Instructions Tropical Fish
- Building Instructions Manta Ray
- Building Instructions - Sea Turtle
- WeDo Backgrounds and Sounds
- Story Board
- Coral Reef Vocabulary
- Standards relating to this Unit