Datalogging Activities for the Busy Teacher: NXT
This book provides over 25 different datalogging activities that can be easily implemented in class. It utilises the new NXT-G 2.0 software to quickly and easily configure experiments, and display the results. Each experiment comes with teacher notes, sample graphs and student worksheets.
Experiments are provided for the following sensors:
- Touch Sensor
- Sound Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Distance Sensor
- Rotation Sensor
- Temperature Sensor
Download Sample Pages
Physical Book - US$54.99
122 pages, full colour
eBook PDF format - US$20.00
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- How to use this book
- Why datalogging in the classroom?
- What is datalogging?
- Student Assessment
- Terminology and Properties
- NXT Equipment
- Battery Life
- Using the NXT-G software
- Chapter 2: Touch Sensor Experiments
- Quickest draw in the west
- Do Not Press the Button!
- Chapter 3: Sound Sensor Experiments
- Treasure Hunt - Sound
- Bouncing Ball
- How loud is your classroom?
- Can someone please turn down the volume?
- Chapter 4: Light Sensor Experiments
- Treasure Hunt - Light
- How bright is your classroom?
- Who left the fridge door open!!!
- Chapter 5: Ultrasonic Sensor Experiments
- It's a bit tight in here!
- Bouncing NXT!
- Chapter 6: Rotation Sensor Experiments
- Do you see what I see?
- Secret Code
- Chapter 7: Temperature Sensor Experiments
- Treasure Hunt - Temperature
- It’s hot in here!
- Selling ice cubes to Eskimos
- How hot is my drink?
- Chapter 8: 2 Sensor Experiments
- Excuse me, do you have time to fill in a survey?
- Audio Reaction tester - Just how fast do you think you are?
- Visual Reaction tester - Just how fast do you think you are?
- How fast does it fall? Light Gate
- More Experiments
- Chapter 9: What next?
- Student Worksheets